Friday 13 January 2012

Designers and Inspiration

For awhile now, I've been getting interested in Middle Eastern fashion and jewellery designers- their designs just seem reminiscent of the history of the region, and offer a little something different to the high street. Working in a shopping mall means I spend most of my lunch breaks wandering round the shops, and looking at what is on display. All I can say there is not much- all the high street shops stock the same designs, quality of fabric, it's what I call 'conveyor belt' fashion. So when I read an article about emerging designers in Beirut in the latest issue of Real Travel magazine, I checked some of them out online, and I have to say I'm particularly impressed with Nadine Mneimneh ( http://www.nadine-mneimneh.com/p/blog-page_12.html). Her FW2011 collection, with the combination of men's tailoring and japanese kimono, looks fantastic, and I'm already wishing the tailored blazer from the collection was in my wardrobe.

I'm in love with Nada le Cavalier's mosaic jewellery as well- http://www.nadalecavelier.com/ . They work great as statement pieces with a simple outfit, and the simplicity of her charm bracelets look sweet and elegant at the same time.

Palestyle http://www.palestyle.com/#!accessories has also come out with a bold collection of clutch bags that would look great with an LBD. Best of all, a percentage of their sales each year goes towards helping women in Palestinian refugee camps.

No comments:

Post a Comment